Are you looking to create the perfect website? But coding a website from scratch takes too much time? Well, look no further! Genesis Framework is one of the world’s foremost WordPress theme hubs.
Now, Genesis Framework is an optimal tool to create a fully functional website, but if you’re looking to create a masterpiece, a webpage to amaze and captivate users, you must use it alongside a child theme. What does that mean? That is what you’ll learn in this blog post.
So, keep reading and discover the tools to design the webpage you dream of.
About Genesis Framework
Genesis Framework is a theme framework that was initially launched by StudioPress theme, which is a theme hub for creating web pages managed by CopyBlogger Media. WP Engine later procured Genesis. WP Engine is a WordPress hosting service provider.
But what exactly is a WordPress theme framework? A theme framework is a centralized platform that hosts all the features and functions offered by WordPress that you can access to design your theme according to your needs.
A child theme functions on top of the framework. It allows the designer to customize the webpage’s appearance, feel and overall aesthetic without impeding its website functionality.
Child themes add that extra flavor to your website to give you the edge over your competitors. As the website’s functions reside in the Genesis Framework, you can alter any function without worrying about accidentally altering your customizations. Similarly, core functions are unaffected by changes in the child theme’s customization.
Who Should Use Genesis Framework and Why?
Genesis Framework is not only an amazing web page designing platform, but its strength also lies in the fact that anyone can use it! Beginners to WordPress often find it difficult to maintain proper web page functionality while customizing its appearance.
Beginners tend to constantly change the look of their website by trying various themes. When themes are changed frequently, features and functions hosted by the website may malfunction or even disappear.
Using Genesis Framework alongside a child theme circumvents this obstacle, allowing for a smooth and easy website designing experience.
For more experienced developers, Genesis Framework offers the benefits of a considerably shortened development process, saving the developer time and effort. It allows the developer to finish the project quickly and efficiently without engaging in the tedious process of writing code from scratch.
What Does It Offer? Genesis Framework Built-in Features
Now that we have seen why Genesis Framework and a child theme make the ideal combination of tools for any website designer, let’s have a look at some of the various features offered by the framework:
- One-click Setup: You only need one click to install the demo and start designing.
- Theme Customizer: The WordPress theme customizer adds all different theme features so you can view your design in real-time. You can also access any third-party developed child themes besides all 35 Genesis child themes offered by StudioPress.
- Custom Page Templates: You’ll have access to various pre-designed web page templates, each serving different purposes, for example, home pages, blogs, etc.
- Customizable Header: Your header can be customized however you like, as Genesis is designed to support images and texts for business names and their logos.
- Widget Ready: Genesis Framework often have spaces reserved on the template for widgets allowing you to add content specific to your website to the various pages on the platform with ease.
- 3 Column Layout Options: Genesis Framework supports numerous layouts up to 3 columns.
- Mobile Responsive: Genesis Framework will ensure that your website is optimized for any device, browser and screen.
These features are only a glimpse into the multitude of features that Genesis encompasses and offers to its users.
Genesis Framework Review: Pros And Cons
As with any tool, there are advantages and disadvantages to using Genesis Framework. Here is a quick rundown of the various pros and cons of the Genesis Framework.
Benefits of Genesis Framework
- Genesis Framework provides access to several built-in SEO options that allow developers to make various changes to their websites. By utilizing the SEO features, you can add titles, pages, descriptions to your posts, etc.
- As SEO options are built into the framework, you do not require an SEO plugin to manage basic SEO. However, if you do have a preference for a particular plugin, Genesis Framework supports external SEO plugins and will automatically disable its in-built options for your plugin.
- Top-notch Support
- A Genesis Framework theme is equipped with an excellent support system to help users in times of confusion and trouble. If you’re having difficulties in implementing certain features, or perhaps if your website isn’t functioning how you would like it to, reach out to the standby support team of experts to find a speedy solution to any of your concerns.
- Always Updated
- Themes offered by Genesis Framework are always kept up-to-date thanks to the efforts of the StudioPress team, who constantly work to keep Genesis Framework in line with WordPress’s ever-improving standards. You can toggle automatic updates as per your preference.
- Layout Settings
- As noted above, Genesis Framework hosts a multitude of layout options, making it very easy to customize your webpage with the WordPress customizer, even with simple CSS code.
- Developer Friendly
- Genesis is designed with lean, non-repetitive and well-organized code, which improves speed and functionality. In addition, it is accessibility ready, meaning it provides the fundamental foundation for the site to be accessible and customized, saving the developer time and labor.
- Multi-purposed Themes
- Genesis Framework can be utilized to create a variety of websites. Different themes offered by StudioPress suit different niches of websites.
- You can create a unique web page that suits your outlook by combining different templates with the wide-ranging availability of layouts. Genesis Framework makes the process easier with specific templates for different purposes:
- Health/Lifestyle: Lifestyle Pro, Essence Pro, Wellness Pro, Mai Lifestyle Pro.
- Publishing: Author Pro, News Pro, Magazine Pro.
- Food: Recipe Blogger, Foodie Pro, Cook’d Pro, Brunch Pro, Café Pro, Daily Dish Pro.
- The development process becomes considerably quicker with specific templates to refer to and build upon.
- Free to Use
- There are three different pricing plans for Genesis Framework available to users.
- The Genesis Framework Package is a one-time fee of $59.95, which gives you access to the theme to use for an unlimited number of websites, along with unlimited updates and premium support for a year.
- The Pro Plus Membership is available for $499.95+taxes and gives you access to the whole Genesis Framework Package and all the themes offered by StudioPress
Limitations of Genesis Framework
As with any tool, Genesis Framework also has limitations. Genesis Framework offers a lot of features. Some users may say too many features. For example, users would not require the built-in WordPress SEO feature if they are already accustomed to working with a particular plugin.
Similarly, the framework has a learning curve due to its great variety of features and high functionality. Like any tool, one must familiarize themselves with the tool’s features and interface to obtain the best results, especially when designing a website tailored to their needs.
Having considered in detail the various benefits and limitations of the Genesis Framework, it is safe to say the pros outweigh the cons significantly. Genesis Framework is one of the best, if not the best, theme frameworks available to users who, whether WordPress beginners or experienced developers, will be able to design a stunning website with the tools and features the framework offers.
Using child themes alongside Genesis Framework only ensures that your website’s functionalities and appearance don’t obstruct each other, allowing a straightforward, trouble-free experience for users.
Genesis Framework‘s multi-purpose framework allows developers to design a webpage for whatever they need. Sell a service? Showcase your art? Write a blog? Genesis Framework has got you covered! If you’re looking to create a website, there is simply no better place to go.