If you are an e-commerce business, we don’t need to explain how important it is to provide excellent customer service. Live chat is an effective way to level up your customer service.
Shopify is an e-commerce development service that allows you to integrate a live chat function into your Shopify store through live chat apps. Live chat has proven to be a game-changer in the customer service arena.
Some statistics state the importance of live chat in your Shopify store.
Live chat brings
- 29% improvement in brand awareness
- 32% improvement in early-stage sales development
- 39% improvement in post-sales customer support
- Live chat helps to increase your sales by 10%
Apart from the statistics, we have outlined some of the reasons why you should choose live chat in your Shopify store.
Why offer live chat support?
Many Shopify entrepreneurs wonder whether they should invest in offering live chat support or not. Well, here are some significant reasons to provide live chat support.
Nobody, especially e-commerce customers, likes to wait – whether it’s for buying a product or resolving issues related to the purchase of the product. As the name suggests, live chat is live, and hence it helps the customers resolve their problems quickly. By providing live chat, you can boost your customer engagement, positively affecting your revenues.
Preferred by customers
According to research, around 41% of customers prefer live chat over other modes of customer support. Why wouldn’t they? After all, who doesn’t want prompt service? Live chat shows that as a brand, you care. A successful entrepreneur always listens to the customers, and in this case, the verdict is clear, go for live chat.
Builds closer connections
It is easy for you to build closer connections with your customers in a live chat. You can use emojis and make the conversation more informal by using friendly language. With live chat, customers will feel that they are chatting with their friends. Live chat will ultimately help you make the experience more engaging for the customers and boost your brand loyalty.
Best live chat apps for the Shopify store
Ready to integrate live chat into your Shopify store? Now the question is, which one is the best option to choose from more than 400 options available?
Crazy right? We have identified the best Shopify live chat apps for you to make things easier.
Helpdesk aims to make your interactions with your customers more effectively. It is a user-friendly customer service application for e-commerce. The live chat solution provides the following solutions to manage your customer support.
- Live chat
- Helpdesk ticketing
- FAQ builder
- Helpdesk is a perfect live chat tool for small and medium-scale businesses.
- Offers easy drag and drop editing.
- Works efficiently with several Shopify shops even under the same account.
- You do not require coding skills with the Helpdesk, and you can easily set it up in less than 10 minutes.
- The customer support team of the helpdesk is very supportive.
- Helpdesk offers order management and customer purchase history features.
- You can manage all your customer support queries, whether from Facebook, emails or live chat, all under one roof using a single helpdesk app.
- There are certain missing features like visual communication and WhatsApp integration.
- Not suitable for large-scale businesses.
Tidio Live Chat
Tidio live chat is one of the most popular live chat apps available currently on the Shopify app store. Tidio has an excellent combination of marketing automation, live chats, and chatbots, and it provides a comprehensive live chat solution.
- Allows you to design the live chat widget according to your requirements.
- Tidio has a clean and user-friendly interface.
- With Tidio, you can even automate live chat using AI.
- Supports multiple languages.
- Video pricing plans are high for Shopify merchants.
- The integration of Tidio with Shopify leaves a lot to be desired.
Gorgias Live Chat
Gorgias is one of the most comprehensive live chat apps with very tight integration with Shopify.
Gorgias can access data regarding the sale like last order details, loyalty points, order tracking numbers, and previous customer requests from your Shopify dashboard and show it to your customer support executives.
Gorgias allows you to prompt chat messages on your Shopify store and start meaningful conversations with your customers.
- Gorgias supports Omnichannel communication.
- It supports multiple Shopify stores.
- Gorgias allows your customer support executives to respond using pre-made templates.
- With Gorgias, you can perform actions like rewarding loyalty points.
- Set up responses for common questions using AI.
- Great integration with Shopify and Shopify Plus.
- Gorgias has many powerful live chat features and a great customer support team.
- Gorgias focuses mainly on live chat and helpdesk only.
Re:amaze live chat
Re:amaze is a live chat, helpdesk, and FAQ management system. Re:amaze Live chat helps your customers with real-time live chat. It has an Omnichannel support system that enables you to provide your customers with live chat on various channels like Facebook Messenger, SMS, WhatsApp, and Instagram.
- Re:amaze supports multiple Shopify stores.
- With Re:amaze, you can send products to customers in live chat.
- You can build intelligent chatbots for a live chat.
- Re:amaze has flexible pricing and no contract.
- Re:amaze has a bit outdated user interface.
- The rules and macros of Re:amaze need improvement.
Chatra is a live chat app that helps you add live chat to your website or use messenger mode and reply to the customer’s messages afterward. Chatra happens to be one of the most popular live chat apps.
- With Chatra, you can see the card contents of your shoppers, helping you to analyze your most valuable customers.
- Chatra allows you to build boats that initiate conversations with your users 24X7.
- Monitor your users on a real-time basis with Chatra.
- One of the essential features of Chatra is that it allows you to see what your customers type exactly before hitting the send button.
- A lot of features are not available in the free plan.
- Limited customization.
- Sometimes notifications do not show up immediately.
A LiveAgent is a comprehensive ticket management system and not just a live chat app. The idea behind building the LiveAgent was that no question or request raised by the customers should go unnoticed. LiveAgent allows you to provide an Omnichannel experience to your customers wherein they can raise tickets on platforms like Facebook Messenger.
- LiveAgent allows you to answer the questions of your customers just before checkout.
- Your customer service agents access the tickets on the web, Android and iOS.
- Multi-language support to increase your global presence.
- Easy integration with other tools to charge up your Shopify store.
- CRM integrations and analytics to help you analyze your business in detail.
- Too many features for a new Shopify store.
- It can prove to be an expensive option sometimes.
Criteria to select the best Shopify live chat support app
- Should provide an Omnichannel experience to your users.
- Should allow multi-store usage.
- The live chat app should be easy for your customer support executives.
- The ability to add an AI chatbot would be an added advantage.
- You should be able to integrate the live chat app with your Shopify store easily.
- The live chat app should be easy to customize so that you can match it with your brand.
- You should have access to detailed analytics so that you can take necessary action to boost your sales.
- Choose a live chat app that provides 24×7 customer support.
We have analyzed all the popular Shopify live chat apps for your information and benefit. Which Shopify live chat app is the best one? Well, the answer depends on the specific requirements of your Shopify store. Assess the needs of your business and choose a Shopify live chat app that matches your requirements.
You can take the help of a Shopify app development company to select the best one according to your requirements.